Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New School Year - New Students - New Goals

I am excited to be starting yet another year of Globaloria - this is my third year and I am sure that it will be even better than last year!  I initially had 80 students, but since I only have 23 computers in one lab, and 22 in the other, some students had to drop.  I am now at the point where every working computer is in use and in my 8th period, I have one student working on my laptop.  Every year the classes get bigger, I hope that I can teach 4 sections next year (after all, next year is only 166 days away!)
What are my expectations for the year?  I hope that all of my students learn and are successful.  Last year I had many very immature 9th grade boys in one class and they wore on my every nerve. They thought that it was great fun to turn off the other one's computer, or mess with their keyboard or many silly things to do.  I hope that there is none of that this year. I hope that all of my students help one another and this becomes a truly collaborative class.


No comments:

Post a Comment